- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Engineer – Cloud Security
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
The candidate will help maintain and simplify our security programs. The position requires implementing the architecture and engineering needs identified by our cloud security leaders. In this role, you will work closely with guidance from our senior and principal team members to create solutions, innovate with new technologies, and explore new challenges.
- Develop your technical skills by assisting our senior staff to implement processes efficiently
- Support the security solutions implementation and secure development while evaluating risk to take advantage of the security, scalability, and economy of cloud
- Collaborate amongst various teams on cloud security projects to improve our overall security posture
- Help create and share unique ways to solve problems
- Sustain and enhance the internal cloud testing methodologies
- Contribute to research and tool development
- Proactively stay up to date with developments in relevant technologies.
- Work collaboratively with varying functional groups across multiple time zones.
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a technical cloud-based role, either with external or internal customers
- Understanding of security services and features for at least one major cloud:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of containerized or serverless workloads
- Working understanding of APIs, JSON, and YAML
- Understanding and basic experience with automating tasks with a popular language
- Use of git version control and git-flow change management
- Familiarity with infrastructure management tools like Terraform or AWS
- Working understanding of popular identity management implementations
- Experience implementing access control using IAM policies and roles
- Comfortable on Linux command line or Windows terminal
- Familiar with tracking work using JIRA and Trello
- Strong desire to quickly obtain industry certifications, such as CISSP, CCSP, and cloud-specific certifications
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences:
- Familiarity with data security solutions for data sensitivity, encryption, tokenization, lifecycle management
- Awareness of container technologies like Kubernetes, Istio service mesh
- Build and deployment pipeline processes like GitHub, GitLab, AWS
- CodePipeline, Cloud Build, Azure DevOps
- Functional knowledge of application security improvements like code testing, code review, error handling, jailing, chrooting
- Awareness of privacy frameworks like SOC 2, PCI, HIPAA, NIST Cybersecurity
- Framework, FedRAMP
- Working knowledge of enterprise networking such as peering, VPN, firewalls, routing, load balancing
- Disaster recovery, business continuity, snapshots, and backups
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.