IT Software Development Manager
Motion Industries is seeking a IT Software Development Manager to be responsible for managing multiple software development teams in all aspects of the software development life-cycle. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan, healthcare coverage, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Responsible for assembling project plans, monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
- Responsible for developing or providing guidance in developing project governance documents that effectively explain the business objective, scope, approach and timeline. Depending on the development methodology (Agile or Waterfall), the governance documents must provide a starting point for both communicating to project sponsors and for beginning software development efforts.
- Responsible for project ownership ensuring applications meet performance and quality standards.
- Responsible for determining and communicating staffing requirements to IT Executive Management.
- Prepares project status presentations to both team members, Project Sponsors and IT Executives
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans when necessary to meet project objectives
- Responsible for adherence to project and business governance standards and methodologies
- Coordinates communication with IT Executives, Project Sponsors and project team members
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects
- Responsible for following policies and procedures, software development guidelines, user interface standards and change control processes
- Completes performance reviews for direct reports
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications
- Responsible for informing executive management when tasks fall behind schedule
- Ensure project metrics are defined, measured and reported
- Responsible for keeping key user representatives updated on project status and problem resolution status
- Ensures applications are developed using documented coding techniques
- Responsible for keeping user team members informed of project status
- Typically has 7-10 years IT work experience in software development and/or system design
- Must have experience managing 3-10 software developers
- BS in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
- Experience with structured application development and change control methodologies
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design
- Good knowledge of database design , programming languages and coding techniques
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.