Inside Sales Manager
Inside Sales Manager- Bearings
AST Bearings LLC (AST) ( a division of Motion Industries) is a leading nationwide supplier of high precision bearings and bearing related products. Our global customer base consists of leading blue chip OEM’s and our products are used in variety of industries from aerospace to medical equipment. We have recently undergone a re-organization and are executing an exciting new strategy that will position AST as a force in the industry for years to come.
We are presently seeking a highly motivated Inside Sales Manager to play a key role in executing our new strategy. Come join our Sales team in our Parsippany, New Jersey facility. This contemporary facility is our corporate headquarters and contains a state of the art Engineering Laboratory and our Custom Bearing Lubrication Center, complete with clean rooms and proprietary cleaning and dispensing equipment. In this highly visible position you will be on the leading edge of bearing technology and enjoy the rewards of meeting the challenging needs of our customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations:
Reporting to the VP Sales & Marketing, the Inside Sales Manager is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the inside sales and customer service department. Making all the “day to day” sales related decisions and providing management communications to the sales department; training & development of inside sales reps; monitoring & reporting on sales metrics; and managing the sales administration process.
In this capacity, he/she must support the outside sales force in all territories. These responsibilities include direct communication on a daily basis with all outside sales representatives; provide internal administration, sales and technical support as needed to grow their individual territories. This includes product selection, price and delivery, response time as per the customer’s needs and as defined by the sales rep and management. In addition, the Inside Sales Manager should have regular communication with all key accounts (both existing and potential) in order to develop and maintain a business relationship and establish a level of exceptional service to the customer.
Implementation of a sales strategy to ensure the company meets revenue and profit objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining and servicing the company’s existing customers while expanding our base by initiating new business development programs for inside sales.
- Review of all customer proposals and analysis of contracts and agreements. Communicate any issues or concerns to management for discussion along with recommendation for changes prior to approval of agreements.
- Monitor monthly sales and booking targets and ensure all orders are entered and processed according to customer requirements providing metrics to support sales activity.
- Must be able to manage projects, set deadlines and promote time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Lead weekly sales meetings with reps to discuss customer and departmental issues and communicate important issues or concerns to upper management
- Must ensure that all process and procedure are accurately followed while maintaining customer order activity integrity.
- Build and develop the inside sales team by coaching, mentoring and employee development, maximizing their potential as leaders to ensure revenue growth and to maximize profit. Identify departmental efficiencies as part of continuous improvement program. Work with management to develop departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible for development and scheduling of all departmental training including, ERP, CRM, product engineering, sales and other required training for inside sales and customer service. Develop up selling techniques to be used by all inside sales reps. Train and implement these techniques and monitor effectiveness.
- Enforce staff professionalism at all times while enforcing all company policies and procedures throughout entire department.
- BS in Business/Management required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 8+years experience in inside sales management; bearings experience is a plus.
- Prior supervisory/management experience required.
- Excellent computer and technology competence; prior experience in working with CRM system a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Passionate, motivated and driven to meet objectives. Ability to maintain a high energy level and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Resourceful and adaptive with the ability to find ways around obstacles or develop new approaches and/or methods.
- Organized and disciplined with excellent time management skills. Ability to properly identify and set priorities.
- Responsible for a addressing all inside sales issues and making decisions
- Maintain and lead the daily operations of inside sales team.
- Handling customer requests, requirements, complaints and related issues.
- Must have proven selling & negotiation skills
- Specify bearings according to customer requirements and specific applications.
- Responsible for departmental processing of customer orders. Process and systems oriented.
- Responsible to review customer agreements, contracts and correspondence.
- Other duties as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.