Customer Service Associate FT
Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Processes for correcting EDI or keys receipt of parts for incoming freight.
- Takes customer calls all day to help the customer
- Track orders
- Order from Vendors
- Aging SPOM Order Research
- Special Sales
- Store to Store Transfers
- Cross Dock Received not Billed
- Jobber call backs
- Check order status
- Freight Quotes
- Paper Tickets Cancel/Rekey
- Lost Freight Tracking
- Processes local non-NAPA supplier's item that will be keyed as a SPOM order.
- Checks nightly billing report to ensure store has placed an order. Calls store to check if order was placed but did not go through.
- Takes incoming sales order or general customer service inquiry phone calls from independent and local NAPA stores.
- Ensures orders are completed that are keyed and purchased as factory special order from suppliers.
- Ensures transfers go between a local and jobber or independent jobber when no account between the stores exists.
- Generates weekly reports such as stockroom received but didn't " scan ship" product and customer potentially received product but did not get billed.
- Retrieves and distribute mail. Needs to come from stockroom in a timely manner.
- Performs filing as needed.
- Ensures all paperwork and processes followed for items sold outside of US.
- Enters data for stock orders for Non-TAMS stores.
- Charge stores as needed for class pick up and handling.
- Makes claims to carriers for damaged freight.
- Issues credit to store for miscellaneous reasons as needed.
- Ensures nightly billing process is set up and runs.
- Creates manual hard copy of returns for items that do not have a specific AR number to be submitted to the correct supplier for credit issuance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years + of general office / clerical experience.
- 1 year of bookkeeping experience
- JD Edwards / PeopleSoft (AP/GL/Sales Order Entry/Customer Service Modules) experience is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail minded.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be able to make decisions.
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Must have great communication skills.
- Must have complaint handling skills.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have clear handwriting skills.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and orally) and remembering their sequence.
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette.
- Must know Internet Explorer/web navigation.
- Must know PC's / Windows (PDF, XLS, DOC, TXT, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF file formats).
- Must know Outlook. Must know Microsoft Excel (basic formulas and workbook set up).
- Must know Microsoft Word (including object insertion).
- Document management systems experience is a plus.
- Must know office equipment (copying, scanning)
- Regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.