NAPA Autotech Major Accounts Region Manager - Salt Lake City Market
The NAPA Autotech Region Manager (RM) is responsible for field management and execution of the NAPA Autotech training program with all customers. The RM directly manages assigned instructors and performs all related supervisory duties while building a positive, safe and engaging work environment for instructors. Ensures quality courses and instruction are efficiently delivered to customers through assessment, planning and proper allocation of resources. The RM is a liaison and assists with building relationships between NAPA Autotech staff, APG field and headquarters management and customers. These relationships are built through regular contact, excellent communication and teamwork. The RM’s positive marketing, promotion and communication of Autotech issues should result in full support of NAPA field management, more classes with satisfied customers and higher training sales. The RM works directly with Division / DC management and NAPA Autotech management to capitalize on business opportunities and address any issues or complaints immediately. The RM’s focus is to build a dominant training organization in their territory and a quality NAPA Autotech brand in the marketplace.
Position Performance Measures:
Provides leadership and management of assigned NAPA Autotech instructors and facilitates the field execution of the training program and key initiatives to meet NAPA’s customer training demand and satisfy their training needs.
Significant activities include:
- Meet NAPA Autotech and APG sales, profit, and training goals
- Execute training plans and training delivery efficiently and effectively according to plan and budget
- Monitor and implement expense controls being responsive to budgetary needs and business conditions.
- Manage, control, and maintain company and NAPA Autotech assets and resources, inventory and protect brand image
- Ensure maintenance and repair of assigned vehicles and ensure safe, working order and compliance with safety standards by instructors.
- Ensure training operations deliver on the promise to build customer (or employee) automotive and truck knowledge, repair skills and service sales techniques.
- Assist with development of NAPA Autotech strategic growth plans and execute team and region assignments according to plan.
- Assist with tracking and metrics of results within region, monitor results against plan, and enhance results when practical by making sound adjustments.
- Support and execute training marketing and communication activities, drive training sales activities
- Initiate regular communication and build quality relationships with key field decision makers, major account customers, headquarters and NAPA Autotech management regarding NAPA Autotech opportunities, issues and results.
- Identify and gain new customers and sponsors by providing outstanding customer support.
- Effectively promote and present NAPA Autotech offerings at NAPA and customer meetings and events.
- Research and be knowledgeable of competitive training initiatives and programs.
- Monitor and validate quality instructor performance. Coach and train for improvement, take corrective action when necessary and consistently praise good performance.
- Review, assign and approve instructor schedules with consideration for cost and travel efficiency, expense controls and customer satisfaction.
- Plan and optimize the use of human resources in recruitment, on-boarding and placement of instructors.
- Establish work schedules, delegate tasks and accountabilities.
- Demand high standards of performance from all trainers and training sponsors.
- Monitor and ensure distribution of the training materials as required for each training program.
- Practice and enforce compliance to SOP’s, rules, regulations, and procedures to help maximize effectiveness of team.
- Guide and support process improvements to achieve goals.
- Assist in identifying and building engaging and effective training curricula.
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies.
- Involve the NAPA System Sales teams and suppliers in technician and shop owner training planning and strategic initiatives to grow the business and gain their support.
- Drive growth of Major Account/Regional Account training within territories through quality training and gain a high level of engagement of Major Account/Regional Account locations/technicians in training.
- Motivate team and keep them focused on APG and NAPA Autotech vision, mission and values. Communicate the goals and quotas.
- Create and teach employees to maintain a workplace that is respectful of the individual and builds teamwork.
- Create a customer centric training team focus.
- Accountable for achieving Autotech financial objectives and quotas and review and understand financial and operating information. Recommend actions based on projections to improve performance.
- Manage sales process and procedures, implement and drive complete utilization of instructors.
- Effectively manage the exchange of information, ideas, and communications with Instructors and Managers. Ensure the right people get the right information.
- Communicate Major Account training plans to the respective Major Account manager.
- Provide written communications, reports, materials, Webex sessions, etc. to the field teams so they are fully aware of NAPA Autotech offerings.
- Attend and speak at APG / NAPA meetings, DC and industry conferences, trade shows, tool shows, owner’s meetings, and other promotional opportunities to engage the field and customers in NAPA Autotech training
- In coordination with the NAPA Autotech headquarters team, be the key liaison in marketing the NAPA Autotech/Major Account training initiatives.
- Execute the NAPA Autotech class and online pricing programs and engage management if variance should be considered.
- Assist with the creation of strategies, executable actions and marketing materials that can be used by field teams to drive increased class commitments and attendance through the independent and company owned stores and wholesale customers.
- Support any NAPA Autotech and major account training initiatives
- Assist with improvements to reports and metrics that drive NAPA Autotech goals.
- Using all means available, consistently remind the field managers of the importance and relevancy of training to the business
- Assist with growing NAPA parts sales through promotion and execution of training with wholesale customers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- High School graduate required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong commitment, belief, enthusiasm and energy are required.
- Proven sales skills and ability to sell non-tangible products or programs (automotive, truck repair training, etc.) Ability to teach and coach sales skills
- Willingness to travel (drive, fly) extensively (up to 80%), possibly over weekends and/or holidays if necessary.
- Regional Manager will coordinate and/or transport the training aids (mockups) to and from training locations as needed to support training activities. Travel may include both flying and driving.
- Minimum of 5 years as a working automotive technician.
- 5 - 7 years of previous selling and/or management experience coaching, managing, and developing others business management experience to include management with direct reports. The management experience could include shop operations management, technical training management, marketing management, sales management, curriculum development management.
- Previous automotive training /industry experience, knowledge of NAPA a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, prepare and conduct small and large group presentations
- Strong personal drive and self-motivation to accomplish goals
- Possess analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to opportunities and problems
- Demonstrated ability to establish quality relationships and grow customer support.
- Sales driven and customer focused.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and leverage electronic communications and use company software effectively including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Unquestioned values, judgment, and integrity.
- Articulate and persuasive, high energy and effective speaker and communicator
- Excellent organization, planning and execution skills
- Possess the drive to accomplish quotas and goals
- Good understating of automotive/truck repair industry and shop functions
- Working knowledge of automotive systems and diagnostic platforms, processes and terminology
- Understanding of repair information systems such as Mitchell 1
- Licenses/Certifications - ASE Master Automotive Technician Certification (Certifications A1-A8), ASE Advanced Automobile Certification (Certification L1), EPA Section 609 Refrigerant Handling Certification
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.