- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Human Resources Manager
Are you looking to make a huge impact and touch all facets of HR with a fast paced and dynamic HR department If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Human Resources Manager. This is the perfect opportunity for you if you:
Love multitasking in all lanes of HR and making an impact on all parts of HR
- Enjoy being the go to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
- Are totally customer centric when it comes to providing effective HR Management to with all levels of employees
- Passion and understanding of being in a key leadership role that touches so many parts of a business
A Day in the life:
- Responsible for the employees and employment practices for the Distribution Center and company-owned NAPA stores.
- Increase bench strength through recruiting, coaching and development of personnel.
- Provide leadership, and establish a work experience that enables NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community
- Partner with the General Manager, District Manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager to ensure the short term and longer-term talent needed to successfully meet business priorities
- Conducts and directs new employee orientation process to ensure employee is able to quickly perform their job.
- Demands high standards in performance management, employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Executes, manages and administers company programs and training.
- Coordinates and leads Employee Involvement, Safety, and annual benefit meetings.
- Coaches managers on effective employee management, employee retention, and employee recognition and development techniques.
- Manages compliance with company, federal, state and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, safety, workers compensation and security for the DC and company owned stores.
- Manages the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
- A four-year Human Resources or Business related degree preferred, or 5 years of equivalent Human Resources experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Super tech-savvy and strong ability to navigate through various software programs and social media platforms.
- 1-2 years payroll administration experience
- Knowledgeable of employee relations and labor laws
- Background in Recruiting/Staffing
- Entirely customer-centric and able to develop and sustain effective relationships with key people both inside and outside of operation.
- PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred.
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus.
- 3-5 years' experience managing the Human Resources function for 100-500 employees preferred.
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
Outstanding health benefits and 401K
Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don't think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.