- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Business Development Representative
Under general supervision, the Corporate Accounts Business Development Rep will use professional knowledge and skills to drive new customer contracts for the corporate accounts.
• Prospects and qualifies leads for the sale of the organization's products and services.
• Liaises closely with marketing and sales teams to build a pipeline of potential leads.
• Engages target leads in conversations to determine their needs and assess if they are a qualified lead.
• Updates Client Relationship Management (CRM) system with information on leads.
• Solves customer issues and answers questions to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Develops leads and seeks opportunities to present additional products or services to current customers.
• Ensures smooth sales processes and maintains positive relationships with customers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools.
• Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection.
• Working experience in sales and a familiarity with current sales techniques.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.