Marketing – Event Coordinator
We are searching for a talented and motivated Marketing – Event Coordinator to organize outstanding and memorable events. This person will be responsible for working collaboratively with the Senior Director to coordinate and support the planning process and execution for company events both on-site and off-site. These events could include conventions, trade shows, business meetings, incentive trips and many others.
Looking for an optimistic and self-motivated individual with a collaborative, can-do attitude who asks “why” vs. “why not”, finds opportunities and is grounded in the business needs, objectives and vision.
Position Performance Measures:
· Coordinates event tasks properly
· Attention to detail and accuracy in communication
· Tracks and manages event budgets and invoicing
· Produces timely and correct marketing program materials
· Produces the awards and recognition elements timely and correctly
- This position will be responsible for all elements of event preparations including, but not limited to, venue research & coordination, logistics, menu selection, budget tracking, communications, managing rooming lists and coordinating onsite details with vendors. Remains on-site for events to help troubleshoot and address issues.
- Manage on-site company employee engagement activities and act as a liaison with other departments to coordinate the events.
- Designs and disseminates surveys to meeting and conference attendees for feedback. Reviews, compiles, and presents survey results to team.
- Maintains an active list of meeting service providers to support other HQ departments on-site and local meeting needs. Serves as point-of-contact for headquarters off-site event and venue planning. Produces list of vendors and assists with booking meetings and events. Attends and coordinates events as needed. Reviews and updates list based on service levels and contact information changes.
- Orders awards for company programs including annual and specialty awards. Manages overall process including communication between headquarters, field, and distribution center management. Works with vendors to place orders and maintain relationships. Reviews orders for accuracy and addresses issues.
- Ensures accuracy of invoices for events, meetings, and third-party vendors. Responsible for tracking invoices in specific budget format.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 4 years of experience with large scale, full cycle meeting planning preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in in hotel management or business preferred.
- Experience with programs including meeting management and incentives.
- Experience with managing or working with a budget.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage third party vendors.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Must be well organized, manage time effectively and demonstrate good coordinating skills.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects under pressure, ability to meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail
- Experience with managing projects including prioritization of tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Must be technologically astute. Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Travels 25-30% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.