Strategic Purchasing Analyst
The Strategic Purchasing Agent works under broad supervision and is responsible for analyzing and maintaining the planned vendor order process, monitoring inventory requirements, and determining new stock additions for Motion Industries Distribution Centers with the goal of having the right inventory in the right location in the right amount to create accessibility and profitability for the organization. This position will work as an individual contributor in a collaborative team environment.
This position will work closely with other cross-functional teams. This position is data driven, but must also have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following):
- Creates forecasts and analytical reports
- Uses critical thinking and strong analyzation skills to determine inventory needs
- Monitors and controls replenishment process from acquisition to distribution
- Utilizes company BI tools to demonstrate dashboard measurements on inventory effectiveness
- Works within company framework to achieve monthly planned inventory orders
- Demonstrates creative problem solving and a continuous improvement mindset and actively participates in the process
- Collaborates effectively in a team environment, but has high individual motivation
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 year degree in Business, Statistics/Analytics, or 3-5 years equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to see a project through from conception to delivery
- Advanced Excel skill required; knowledgeable of Access and SQL preferred.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- PowerPoint design knowledge.
- Experience with data BI tools preferred (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.).
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.