Hydraulic Supply Company is a division of Motion Industries. We are looking for a Repair Technician to support and enable the work group by providing services to recondition hydraulic components to factory specification for internal and external customers. Provide technical product fluid power knowledge. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Disassemble, clean, and inspect components for repair.
- Determine necessary replacement parts and reconditioning procedures.
- Complete reconditioning installing new parts, reassemble, test, paint, stamp, and sticker.
- Retest completed assembly.
- Prepare job form listing parts and work necessary.
- Assist with field service work.
- Use a variety of hand tools (wrench, hammer, handsaw, pneumatic wrench, hand grinder, power drill, and calipers) and shop equipment (lathe, grinder, forklift, hydraulic shop press, welder, acetylene torch, pressure washer, drill press, band saw, parts cleaner).
- Design, fabricate, machine, and weld parts and components.
- Diagnose customer repair needs.
- Construct or manufacture replacement items to complete repairs.
- Applicant should be able to machine, assemble and or duplicate mechanical assemblies such as cylinder head glands and/or hydraulic cylinder’s pistons in steel, aluminum and brass.
- Greet, assist, work with, and enable industrial customers in the servicing of hydraulic parts or components through familiarity and knowledge of hydraulic component repair.
- Diagnose, repair, and assemble system components and recommend solutions to the customer.
- Perform general shop facility maintenance.
- Occasional use of HSC computer system to identify parts needed for repair.
- High School/GED required.
- Technical or vocational training preferred.
- Organization and planning of short and long term projects/assignments
- 1-3 years’ experience in industrial fluid power repair.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.