IT Developer Analyst, SCI
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
This is an exciting position which offers in depth experience working across the supply chain, from global sourcing and procurement thru DC work force optimization and order fulfillment, this resource would be involved with providing the analytics to help drive key business decisions. The operational reporting they would support / provide is critical to optimizing our supply chain. This position would function as the lead IT resource for supply chain report development and system administration for Manhattan’s Supply Chain Intelligence Platform (SCI); serving as our internal subject matter expert for SCI and operational supply chain reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key business users to understand the strategic direction, processes and needs of the business.
- Design, develop, test, and implement new reports and dashboards to provide the necessary level of operational supply chain visibility.
- Prepare detailed design documents and functional specs for development activities.
- Perform structured testing activities, integration, and user acceptance testing; including test plan creation, test data creation, and coordinating execution in conjunction with other team members.
- Perform testing against code fixes provided by vendors; coordinate promotion of said fixes to production.
- Follow all internal standards and change control procedures in performing required work.
- Transfer knowledge and capabilities to the internal client organizations as well as team members; including the planning, development, and delivery of relevant project documentation.
- Assist with tasks and issue follow-up including contacting project team members for task and issue status, communicating potential conflicts and issues to the project team, and updating the appropriate logs and plans.
- Provide guidance to business users on appropriate use of Manhattan’s Supply Chain Intelligence (SCI) platform.
- Provide go-live support for new implementations.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors or advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Industrial Engineering strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Cognos 11 required; preferably experience with Manhattan’s Supply Chain Intelligence platform (SCI).
- General understanding of commonly used supply chain systems (i.e. Warehouse Management, Labor Management, Slotting, Warehouse Control Systems, Voice Picking, etc.); preferably experience with Manhattan’s suite of supply chain products.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge required.
- Minimum of 4 years Supply Chain relevant experience.
- Experience with business process analysis methods, flowcharting and documentation techniques.
- Superior interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with other team members, managers, and users.
- Proven track record demonstrating strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer focused attitude and understand the fundamentals of customer service.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of UNIX, Linux, AIX; preferably RHEL experience.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Database architecture.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.