- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Engineer – Catalog Services
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as a hands-on engineer of a newly formed team to build the next generation commerce platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
Responsibilities And Key Accountabilities:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Design and develop secure, scalable, resilient cloud native microservices
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support
- Collaborate with the Lead and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Have a “test-first” attitude with a focus on automation
- Employ best practices around observability, monitoring, and system resilience
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience (preferred) in software engineering & technology
- Expertise in Data structures, Object-oriented programming, functional programming, familiarity with microservices, cloud Technologies.
- Experience with programming languages- Java, JEE, latest features leveraging functional programming.
- Experience in building cloud native microservices using Spring Boot or equivalent.
- Experience in designing event driven mechanisms, publish/subscribe models.
- Experience in writing automated tests - Unit/Integration tests.
- Experience with cloud computing on at-least one of major providers (Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure).
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- This is an engineering position, and in our team, we believe in “always production-ready” code.
- This job requires 70% coding or coding-related tasks every day.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action-Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.