AP Specialist I
Under general supervision, the Accounts Payable Specialist I provides Accounts Payable and general accounting support to both internal and external customers. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Responsible for the payables process and providing related support to other members of the Motion Finance team, Motion branches and Genuine Parts Company.
- Reviews and verifies vendor invoices and various payment requests to ensure accuracy.
- Processes various vouchers for payment utilizing multiple accounting systems.
- Verifies the validity of new vendors submitted for set-up.
- Monitors accounts to ensure vendor payments are processed in accordance with Motion Industries payment policies.
- Assists external customers in setting up means of electronic invoice submission and electronic payment.
- Resolves vendor account discrepancies and communicates with appropriate departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exemplary work ethic and decision making ability.
- Strong attention to organization, detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service skills in dealing with vendors and internal customers.
- Ability to multitask and manage time well.
- Basic knowledge of accounts payable principles and general sales & use tax concepts.
- Ability to learn various software packages and process workflows.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and zero (0) to three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.