System Support Manager
Motion Industries' IT Department is seeking a candidate with good leadership and sound judgment experience to manage the overall operation of the System Support Department. This includes operational oversight for team providing 1st and 2nd level technical support for internal and external users. Has direct management responsibility for System Support Supervisor, Incident Manager, System Support Analysts, System Support Specialists, and the Branch Hardware Coordinator. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Leads the team to provide excellent customer service that will enhance and support Company operations and sales
- Maintains overall responsibility for ensuring a high-level of customer service
- Understands potential to be on-call on nights or weekends, depending on need
- Maintains responsibility for timely completion of support and project related tasks assigned to System Support
- May require occasional travel, including overnight travel.
- Leads the short and long-term planning necessary to implement IT specific programs that meet the needs of Motion Industries’ customers
- Directs staff in refining, developing and implementing IT programs as needed, in conjunction with the strategic plans of IT and Motion Industries
- Escalates decisions to appropriate Management levels
- Ensure proper staffing level to support both internal and external users
- Ensure Service Now tickets are properly documented and routed correctly to ensure prompt service to customer needs
- Make recommendations on departmental workflow to maximize overall performance
- Provide standards, implementation policies and support tools for all LAN Server systems. Ensure documentation is maintained
- Interface with personnel from other areas within the IT department to facilitate services as required
- Manage department to the abandoned call rate of <6%
- Manage daily support needs of the HQ facility including the executive team
- Develops effective relationships with IT managers to ensure projects are successfully completed
- Sets the example of proper conduct and professionalism, with employees, customers and vendors
- Provides direct supervision to the System Support Supervisor, Incident Manager, and Level 2 System Support Specialist/Analysts and Branch Hardware Coordinator
- Work with the End of lease analyst to ensure that monthly replacements are completed.
- Interacts with other Company locations/departments, IT employees, and suppliers to resolve any IT related problems
- Leadership, communication, good judgment, sound decision making, relationship and people management skills required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service and support of various types of computer hardware
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Reliability, organization and attention to detail required
- Education, College preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Possesses and employs knowledge of both leadership and management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.