Assembly Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Summary of Position: The Assembly Supervisor position is responsible for managing all manufacturing activities including CNC router operations, machining, assembly and QA. Managing employees effectively is a critical responsibility for this position – including optimizing morale, teamwork and maximizing productivity to achieve company objectives set by management. The ability to work in a high-paced, changing environment is imperative for this highly visible position. Attention to detail and quality process management is required to successfully manage these responsibilities. This position requires an ability to work with members of other departments in a professional and effective manner.
F&L Industries is a large distributor of, and builder of custom industrial automation framing using 80/20, the world’s premier line of T-slotted aluminum extrusion. F&L prides itself on fast turnarounds and quality builds. We are based in the Poway/Scripps Industrial Park area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Scheduling jobs with Logistics Manager
- Direct CNC operators and CNC operations
- Direct machinists and machining operations
- Direct assemblers and all assembly-related operations
- Coordinating/managing inventory/components through shop areas with Logistics team
- Shop floor management/safety adherence
- Manage the Quality Assurance of components and final products – including QA inspections
- Management of shop spaces/tools/assets
- Quickly diagnose and create solutions for any obstacles encountered with machinery or personnel
- Scheduling and managing offsite installations with Logistics team
- Manage employees involved in activities listed above
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Computer skills using MS Office, and reading CAD files
- CNC file creation and CNC machine operations
- CNC maintenance and repair
- Machine operation and maintenance including saws, drill presses, tapping, grinding, etc.
- Training and supervision of all t-slot extrusion assembly activities
- Ability to work with different departments within company
- Adaptable and flexible in a high-paced, changing environment
- Proactively support all ISO9001 initiatives
- Management of QA process, attention to detail
- Employee management
- Quickly address issues with viable solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AutoCAD/AutoQuoter knowledge
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.