IBS Service Manager
Achieves and maintains highest possible level of service to NAPA stores through efficient and effective operation of the stockroom and customer service department in the distribution center. Achieves sales, profit, and inventory turnover quotas by creating a culture of employee engagement and customer service.Position Performance Measures:
- Dollar Volume Per Employee Quota
- Profit Quota
- Inventory Write-Off Results
- DC Turnover
- Shipping/Service Improvement Quotas
- Sales Quota
- Resolves all customer/supplier/employee problems in a timely manner.
- Visits stores to promote and implement marketing, sales and training programs and to improve communications.
- Assists manufacturers to resolve any supply problems and improve communications.
- Communicates with and responds to DC management and keep them advised of operational activities.
- Ensures customer service departments and stockroom practices provide timely follow-up on all customer inquiries, requests and problems to assure satisfactory resolution.
- Ensures proper maintenance and protection of company facilities, equipment, inventory, vehicles and all other assets.
- Reinvests operational facilities and equipment in a timely manner to ensure efficiency.
- Follows and enforces all Company policies, procedures, and reporting requirements (e.g.,Security Program, Hazardous Materials Program, etc.).
- Works with department heads to minimize operating expenses and collect accounts
- Monitors and reviews the physical inventory on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate counts and strict control.
- Maintains all reports and files on OS & D's and RGN's to assure correct inventory
- Posts, interviews, and hires new employees. Also identifies, sources, and coordinates promotion of internal employees.
- Understands and uses policies regarding employee activities including incentives, performance counseling, and corrective action.
- Implements, promotes and participates in employee and NAPA store training in all levels.
- Monitors the development of employees to ensure that recognition and promotions are accomplished.
- 4 plus years experience working in a distribution environment in a related role.
- Strong knowledge of NAPA systems and processes.
- NAPA retail automotive sales and store operations experience preferred.
- A 4-year business related degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and business finance
- Proficient computer software skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be a confident and thoughtful leader and demonstrate an ability to make good business decisions.
- Possess a willingness to learn and apply new principles in management and leadership.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to get information and ideas across to others.
- Demonstrate organizational and planning skills, practice time management, meet deadlines and display a sense of urgency.
- Good delegation and follow-up skills.
- Possess strong results orientation, customer focus and work ethic.
- Adaptable and creative and be able to work away from office on a routine basis to ensure field is operational.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.