Accounts Receivable Specialist-1
The AR Specialist provides Accounts Receivable and general accounting support to both internal and external customers. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Provides support in collections and AR cleanup efforts while working closely with branches.
- Contacts external customers to expedite payment & collections processes.
- Works within third party payment portals to ensure all invoices have been submitted to external customers both accurately and timely, meeting all customer requirements.
- Provides appropriate documentation such as proofs of delivery to internal and external customers to support invoice validity.
- Provides reporting to both internal and external customers.
- Processes incoming payments on an exception basis.
- Processes credit card payments.
- Assists external customers in setting up EFT payments.
- Researches and corrects misapplied and/or unapplied payments.
- Identifies issues preventing collections and communicate with appropriate departments.
- Works with external customers to provide remittances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused.
- Ability to multitask and manage time well.
- Experience with Peoplesoft is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.