Cloud Enterprise Architect
IT/Cloud Enterprise Architect
The IT/Cloud Enterprise Architect will design, deploy, and migrate systems for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments. The solutions architect is responsible for identification and selection of appropriate cloud services based on requirements and constraints, has deep subject matter expertise, and can evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture
Technical Responsibilities include:
- Developing a cloud strategy and coordinating the adoption process
- Developing and coordinating cloud architecture and leading cultural change for cloud adoption
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a cloud technology standards policy.
- Cloud Blueprint design work, template designs and automation to mature cloud adaption at enterprise level
- Design and mitigate risks around cloud implementation
- Help in selecting right cloud services with operationalization mind set
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT cloud engineers, and other systems architects.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Experiences deploying and operating services on a public cloud framework, preferably in depth on Microsoft Azure.
- Develop and manage an IT cloud infrastructure capacity plan.
- Cloud application and integration architecture.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end IT cloud integrated systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to check IT cloud infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement
Other Responsibilities and Activities
- Participate as a leader in the Enterprise Architecture team. This group provides technical/architectural leadership, governance and program management, research, evangelization, resources, strategic and operational support, and infrastructure for a variety of business capabilities delivered through a combination of internal and external resources.
- Contribute to organization’s priorities on Cloud adoption, IT simplification and modernization, Agile and Dev-Ops acceleration
- Working with other leaders, define the vision for technology platform and other technologies at GPC and collaborate with each subsidiary to establish differentiated strategies and tactics to achieve our missions and goals. Contribute to the overall corporate and subsidiary business strategies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with partners across subsidiaries, and geographies to execute all aspects of the digital strategies and tactics worldwide.
- Work with the teams responsible for corporate systems and technologies across the enterprise, and drive profitable growth in key performance indicators by ensuring their knowledge of how to maximize platform and other technologies.
- Working with other technology leaders, continually evolve and enhance the customer experience to improve customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention.
- Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
- Knowledge of .NET Java, PHP, Python, and scripting languages.
- Understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
- Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Familiarity with loose coupling and stateless systems.
- Understanding of different consistency models in distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
- Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network.
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
- Awareness of end-user computing and collaborative technologies.
- Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
- System performance tuning.
- Information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
- The ability to identify potentially relevant trends and emerging technologies, forecast their impact and utility, and act accordingly
- Adopt, and may be drive, Dev-Ops, Agile and Automation practices across the program / enterprise
- BS or engineering in a related field or significant relevant work experience
- 10+ years in information technology
- Subject-matter expertise in the areas of solution & technology research, cost analysis, risk identification, implementation strategies
- Expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, diagramming & documentation, software / technology evaluation and selection
- Experience collaborating with departmental leadership in order to establish, communicate and maintain technology standards.
- Strong technical understanding including past development experience of N-Tier applications and service-oriented architecture including: databases (OLAP, OLTP) and middle-ware (Java APIs, Java Web Services)
- Excellent communication skills, including meeting facilitation and team leadership
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.