Director of IT Applications
The Director is responsible for establishing and managing projects that effectively meet IT and business objectives for Motion as well as client groups. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Works closely with peer level management in the client group to derive a detailed understanding of their needs from a systems perspective.
- Develops tactical plans to implement policies, structures, and resources to effectively meet the prioritized needs.
- Negotiates deliverables, overall service levels, and schedules on high priority projects with peers in the client groups.
- Implements the policies, process management concepts and structures, methodologies and the review, and quality standards required to ensure that developed applications meet or exceed the client groups' expectations.
- Provides direction and leadership to subordinate managers and architects on a variety of issues including resource allocation, technical standards and issues, and the overall priorities relative to the specific project selected.
- Responsible for testing the functionality and performance of software applications or systems software.
- Leads strategic and visible digital development initiatives, including the build and commercialization of a next generation solutions.
- Collaborates with other technical leaders to build, evolve, and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline using mature CI/CD automation practices.
- Partners with cross-functional parties to develop a vision and strategy for delivering omni-channel solutions.
- Leads agile software development teams and provides day-to-day guidance on development activities.
- Evaluates, selects (including build versus buy) and implements software solutions that best meet digital business objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and develop strong working relationships.
- Ability to negotiate compromises and resolve conflict.
- Requires broad technical knowledge and experience across a variety of IT areas, including infrastructure, development, operations, and quality assurance.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology and at least 10 years of experience in IT Development.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.