Are you a passionate retailer with project and people management experience? Are you a “road-warrior” that enjoys constant traveling and thrives in a fast-paced working environment? Can you successfully lead multiple store reset teams at once? If this sounds like you, we want to talk!
We are looking for our next Retail Store Project Coordinator to join the NAPA Retail project team.
The primary role of the Project Coordinator is to lead the successful, on-time completion of retail store remodels. Some of your responsibilities would consist of constant travel to various store locations, working along-side your teams, installing or removing sales floor fixtures, setting and stocking store planogram displays with merchandise, and ensuring all other project steps are implemented as needed. The right candidate must have the ability and desire to travel full time throughout the US, effectively lead diverse 3rd party reset teams, communicate professionally, and meet time, quality, and safety expectations. The Project Coordinator works under and receives full support of an experienced Project Manager. Must be willing to lead by example and have the ability and willingness to perform all aspects of a retail store remodel.
As a Retail Store Project Coordinator, a typical day might include the following:
- Collaborate with Project Manager to staff, train, and schedule as needed for all projects
- Verify store plans with site conditions to ensure completed project will meet the specifications
- Accept and stage all materials delivered from various vendors
- Coordinate all installations to include shelving, interior graphics, POS, and promotions.
- Set all merchandise and price labels to current planogram book specifications
- Maintain general cleanliness standards, both inside and outside of the store, ensuring fixtures are clean and in good repair, floor is clean and free of clutter, windows are clean and free of unnecessary slickers or signage and parking lot is free of rubbish
- Manage safety for all on-site workers during the setup phase. Ensure workers are properly trained on safe work habits such as lifting techniques, ladder safety, and extension cord use
- Coordinate with stockroom for merchandise, excess inventory returns (EIR), and class returns to the distribution centers
- Provide timely updates to Impact Store Project Manager and ensure final walk-through is completed.
What you’ll need:
- At least 1 year of previous retail experience with store setup, planograms, store fixtures, store changeovers or construction projects
- Retail / people management experience
- Above average time management and high sense of urgency
- Self-motivation and the ability to thrive in independent and group settings
- Ability to influence at all levels and lead a team
- Organization skills and keen eye for detail
- Outgoing personality with a positive approach to affect change
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with persuasive abilities
- Understand trade-offs and be prepared to justify all decision making
- Love of travel – Local and regional 100% of the time.
- Reliable transportation to travel to nearby stores or airports
- Must have the ability to push, pull, and lift material up to 50 pounds for long periods of time
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma
And if you have this, even better:
- Retail or construction project management experience
- Courses or degree in Business or related field
- Background and/or passion for the automotive industry * not required, but great to have.
- NAPA Know How
Why NAPA may be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- A stable Fortune 200 company with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.