Design VM Engineer
Design VM Engineer
Braas Co, a division of Motion Industries, is a leading distributor of Fluid Power and Motion Control components is seeking a VM Manager. The VM Engineer will provide CAD design, technical specification, and production support for VM projects in alignment with customer specifications and strategic plan. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Creating/modifying CAD drawings (including detailing upon receipt of the order) according to client requests and Braas design specifications
- Accurately logging the Request for the Quote
- Collaborate with sales staff for final quote preparation and delivery to client
- Provide field support as needed and assist sales in quote presentations
- Develop system concepts (mechanical, electrical, tooling and fixturing) and provide system concepts to design & build teams for detail development
- Scheduling production of jobs in collaboration with the other VM department staff to meet deadlines
- Responding to customer requests for quotes in accordance with Braas practices
- Confirming design and delivery dates with customers and Braas sales team
- Developing the Bill of Materials including product pricing, labor estimates and estimated delivery date
- Collaborating with Purchasing to ensure adequate supplies of inventory and components
- Create production documentation, verifying accuracy and completeness
- Ensure that design and related documentation are updated to reflect any changes, or improvements discovered during the production efforts
- Assist with process documentation and support manufacturing operations, Assist in the production area as needed
- Preparing production packets, verifying all documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvement plans
- Minimum of a Two year Design or Engineering Degree with 5 years related experience.
- 4 year BS preferred with 2 years experience in an electrical and/or mechanical engineering or related field.
- Experience in an engineering environment (automation preferred); experience in design, detailing, 3D CAD, and machine design
- Strong electromechanical aptitude; attentive to detail, understating of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical theories and applications.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Solidworks and or PRO/e 3D modeling software
- Highly effective communication skills verbal and in written
- Ability to listen and capture the essence of what is being said and to work effectively in a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.