PC Technician II
Basic Function: Reports to the Manager of the Information Technology department. This position is responsible for:
Providing support, operations and maintenance service to warehouse systems and staff along with office and remote staff. This position requires a high degree of customer service, planning, technical expertise, and velocity to return the customer and/or supported systems to a working state. Disciplined execution of established operations, maintenance processes and procedures. This position has very frequent interactions with customers and must be effective in interpersonal communications and problem solving using various verbal and written methods.
Work Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow guidelines as well as to help others interpret policy.
- Vendor support, technical standardization and communication
- IT project support, network support, process planning and documentation
- Thorough understanding of support operations and maintenance processes.
- Maintain and create documentation for department and user base
- Capable of determining work techniques to perform needed duties
- Must be able to develop and modify computer systems based on user design specifications
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work with little supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the group’s knowledge of and concern for customers’ needs. Will require the handling of some confidential information.
- Capable of involvement in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases, ensuring they are in accordance with established direction and standards.
- Broad range of network, server, storage and desktop knowledge is highly desirable, including:
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server, Mac OSX, Android and iOS
- Applications: MS Office 365, Internet Explorer, Chrome,
- Custom Application experience preferred
- Network TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- LAN, VLAN, WLAN, VPN
- Active Directory
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.