Business Intelligence Data Analyst, Dynamics
The Dynamics BI Data Analyst will work within a team to deliver BI data, reports, and reporting solutions that satisfy the needs of the business and its goals and initiatives. The Dynamics BI Data Analyst must understand, and will be responsible for, a breadth of BI technologies and processes, including, but not limited to, data storage and consumption methods, databases, database technologies, cloud and cloud-enabled technologies, BI and reporting software tools, etc. This position requires a strong ability to apply experience and knowledge to place the appropriate data in the hands of business users in a way that is both meaningful and effective.
The role will be based in Plainfield, IN, a suburb of Indianapolis. Travel is expected to be less than 15%.
- Create, manage, and support databases, data models, BI reports, and associated reporting deliverables;
- Manage, and support the data feeds into various business systems, including BI and reporting tools;
- Provide end-user support of delivered data and reports, both internal and external to BI tools;
- Provide focus on ensuring data is created, delivered, and consumed in a consistent manner to provide accurate, predictable reporting;
- Create and maintain documentation for business data, including data dictionaries where necessary;
- Ensures database security and continuity by assisting in the monitoring and maintenance of system health and user access;
- Monitors and controls data integrity and recommends solutions to problems that compromise data integrity and/or security, ensuring business systems utilize accurate data and provide reliable services;
- Effectively analyze and work within a collaborative team environment to define, present, and/or develop reliable solutions for projects that require data feeds or consumption;
- Respond to and participate in the resolution of assigned support incidents promptly and efficiently;
- Effectively interface with all levels of business users, including senior leadership;
- Assist other team members in knowledge transfer and mentoring opportunities to further enhance the skillset of the team;
- Report and communicate effectively across the IT staff, including IT leadership;
- Manage assigned project tasks and incidents to deliver services to meet established objectives;
- Work with and respond to inquiries from all levels of employees, service providers, outside vendors, etc. and provide technical assistance and support as needed, following the defined processes and utilizing standardized tools;
- Interact with all levels of employees, participating in project design meetings, to visualize and understand their IT-related problems, and provide competent solutions;
- Participate in project planning meetings and provide necessary details to facilitate the creation of accurate and effective project plans
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business or IT strongly preferred);
- 4+ years of experience with data- and/or reporting-related responsibilities is required;
- Advance knowledge and experience with database technologies is required, including SQL and BI-related tools and technologies (Experience with Power BI is strongly preferred);
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365-related IT functionalities is a plus, including Power Apps, Flow, Logic Apps, etc.;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.