Motion Industries is seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator to work in the Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL. Our Payroll Staff are long tenured employees who are committed to providing the required data and processes to ensure accurate payroll for each employee. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Review and approve timecards, commissions, bonuses, State and Local payroll taxes, garnishments, and paid leave balances
- Request, review and coordinate changes to employees' status made by others outside of the Department
- Review changes for completeness and accuracy
- Research any tax implications of employee changes, and request changes
- Calculate and review payments based on changes to employees such as final termination payments
- Run reports, export info to excel for completion and formatting
- Coordinate employee changes with changes in the Payroll system
- Verify and balance payments
- Help and train employees to use the Kronos and InMotion Commission systems
- Help employees understand their payments
- Keep employee information confidential
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, and 2 years of accounting education
- Good Interpersonal written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of the company payment policies
- Ability to work as a team member and coordinate with others
- Reliable, organized, detailed, focused, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Good working knowledge and experience is using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Required to work assigned office hours and be on time for work
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.