We are seeking an experienced and high energy Area Manager to join our growing auto parts team. The Area Manager is primarily focused on implementing the sales strategy for Company owned stores in assigned Area to achieve maximum market penetration, drive market growth, and increase sales and profitability. If you seek a leadership position with opportunities to learn, train and grow even further, explore the potential in our Area Manager opportunity.
- Implement the sales strategy for the District in assigned Area. Develop, execute and administer sales performance enhancing metrics, monitor results against plan, and enhance results through adjustments to business plan.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities for District, and implement strategies and initiatives to capture them.
- Build store teams that consistently deliver high levels of customer service and business results. Coach team to achieve success in sales, profits and turnover.
- Open new stores to drive growth in New Distribution Channels. Manage proposals and oversee all aspects of store and people development.
- Develop and manage turnaround plan for under performing stores by assessing customer requirements and addressing operational and people issues.
- Develop leads for new accounts, calling on key decision makers to present the value proposition of NAPA. Create RFP¿ s and proposals for potential accounts.
- Build relationships with business owners/account decision makers.
- Develop, implement and drive business initiatives related to improving distribution channels, including: assessing and pursuing mergers and acquisitions, managing the planning of store resets, managing store moves.
- Accountable for achieving assigned financial objectives and quotas.
- Manage assets of business including, but not limited to purchasing, receivables, equipment, fleet and inventory, including the disposal of old stock. Coach for improved performance.
- Review and interpret financial and operating information. Make adjustments as appropriate take action based on projections to improve performance.
- Conduct P&L reviews with company Store Managers. Assess performance and develop a plan of action as needed.
- Actively lead the process to source, select and train new team members.
- Build store bench strength through development of skills and careers.
- Partner with HR in the areas of hiring, development, coaching and promotional opportunities.
- Demand high standards of performance. Ensure appropriate standards are met as relates to employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- A 4 year degree or equivalent Automotive Aftermarket experience.
- Solid knowledge of NAPA store operations.
- Demonstrated ability to grow customer base to consistently meet or exceed sales and profit quotas.
- Direct store experience required. P & L analysis experience preferred.
- Sales driven and customer focused.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and leverage electronic communications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.