IT Systems Administrator, Office 365
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The Shared Services Enterprise Client Systems (ECS) team of Genuine Parts Company is seeking a System Administrator. This position is focused on the administration of all applications and their settings that reside within the Microsoft Office 365 tenant. The System Administrator will work closely with other System Administrators, Engineers, and Active Directory Administrators and Architects to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to defined technology and security standards.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
The primary duties and responsibilities of a System Administrator are listed, but not limited to the following:
- Perform all aspects of the O365 ongoing administration including availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, backup, and security
- Maintain Exchange servers, systems and processes, including monitoring of system health to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to maximize O365 functionality and user experience
- Serve as Service Matter Expert for Office 365 (O365) applications (Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams, Skype, etc.)
- Serve as tier 3 support for all O365 applications
- Develop and deploy Office 365 (O365) solutions
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- BA/BS or MS in a technology driven or quantitative field of study – Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
- In lieu of a 4-year degree, 5+ years of significant, relevant hands-on experience and relevant certifications would be considered.
- Demonstrate a passion for innovation and understanding of future technology trends, utilizing cloud solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to the development and maintenance of, as well as following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- Large scale Office 365 messaging (Exchange and Skype for Business Online) based projects
- Practical knowledge of SMTP routing, Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, Mail Routing, Exchange and SMTP Troubleshooting
- Experience with Scripting (PowerShell, VB, Pearl, etc.) to manage and automate complex system tasks and automation
- ServiceNow experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.