- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The Compensation & HR Reporting Analyst will research job requirements and evaluate jobs to ensure the company is competitive in the areas of total cash compensation. This position would work with the Director of Compensation on special projects related to job market analyses, job descriptions, benchmarking, incentive plan communication, and general HR reporting analytics (i.e. turnover). The role will work closely with Human Resource management across the company.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Works with managers to gather the information needed to analyze and benchmark positions in the market.
- Work closely with management to execute analytical initiatives.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Assists in designing appropriate compensation processes
- Maintain job descriptions across the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed.
- Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in financial analysis
- Advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations and minimum wage requirements
- Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality, accuracy, and reasonableness.
- Performs analyses of historical data to surface trends and insights using advanced analytical methods. Validates analytical techniques employed by other analysts.
- Prepares and delivers visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Develops, owns, and manages recurring analytic or reporting processes.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Produces dashboards and analytics reports that provide meaningful insights and discussions with key business stakeholders.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Prefer 2-4+ years of related work experience, with demonstrated success in compensation analysis, data analysis, and reporting. Degree with strong analytical background may be considered in place of experience.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Human Resources, Analytics)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and abilities
- Ability to summarize data into presentations and/or high-level overviews to highlight key trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, organized, and attentive to detail
- Data-driven and detail-oriented; self-driven, motivated, and proactive
- Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a rapidly evolving work environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required (pivot tables, filtering, vlookups)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.