Division Training Manager
NAPA Auto Parts has an opportunity available for an experienced Division Training Manager. The primary responsibility is to deliver training to store and distribution center employees to maximize market penetration, drive market growth, increase sales and profitability by creating a superior customer experience and a culture of employee engagement.
- Collaboratively develop training schedules with Division and National needs in mind.
- Partner with Division management to implement, pilot, and facilitate sanctioned NAPA Store training programs, meeting or exceeding ""customer"" expectations.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to determine training needs and plan training events to meet those needs.
- Communicate effective feedback regarding training events, process, and materials.
- Participate in planning processes (e.g., needs assessment, course development, delivery).
- Effectively implement and facilitate NAPA/APG training programs within the Division, focusing primarily, but not limited to basic store management, sales and market growth, store operations, customer service, sales skills for NAPA personnel.
- Maintain course integrity as designed with freedom to enhance the learner's experience based on instructor's style.
- Advocate proper selection and qualification of participants. Reinforce and assist with any required prerequisites and/or pre-seminar materials and communication
- Advocate and plan for an effective learning environment for participants including having proper meeting room setup, ordering materials.
- Create a participative and engaging learning environment.
- Be fully prepared and provide outstanding delivery, professional interaction with students, and subject matter presentations using adult learning principles.
- Administer and review participant rosters, evaluations, tests, participation forms, and A/V equipment
- Complete and submit all required administrative paperwork in an accurate and timely manner (e.g., planning reports, status reports).
- Prior facilitation and meeting direction experience.
- Prior experience successfully conducting adult learning programs.
- Retail store experience required with NAPA store experience preferred.
- Automotive knowledge a plus.
- Experience in sales and store management a plus.
- Possesses excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Minimum 80% travel required.
- Light physical activities may be required.
- College degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Possesses high character and always deals fairly with others.
- Possesses personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Maintains and protects assigned computers, equipment, credit cards, vehicles and other company assets.
- Enjoys working with people in a fast-paced setting is competitive yet has the ability to work calmly under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.