We are looking to hire a Systems Administrator to assist with system and application management of various Windows and Linux Platforms.
- Assist in the development support & planning of systems and applications infrastructure.
- Support the implementation and administration of the centralized software firewall / segmentation application
- Linux & Windows server administration
- Scripting (Linux shell, PowerShell, etc)
- Assist in application integration on multi-platform systems
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications
- Responsible for informing manager when tasks fall behind schedule
- Ensure the availability and configuration of supported systems meets the desired SLA’s.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine and implement solutions most beneficial to the company.
- Use standard coding techniques to ensure application performance meets requirements
- Encouraged to suggest performance improvement changes
- Will be involved in project meetings with user representatives
- Encouraged to work with more experience developers and managers to gain a better understanding of company business strategies
- Required to work as part of a team for most projects
- Responsible for ensuring a good understanding of deliverables (get confirmation from manager)
- Responsible for following Motion Industries safety guidelines
- Must participate in GPC “safe” program
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with VMware, databases, patch management, and networks
- Knowledge of system security
- Experience support large server infrastructures
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Administration and support of Open Shift / Container based application server
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.