- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Product Information Management (PIM) Data Analyst Intern
PIM Data Analyst Intern
This team is responsible for executing a structured approach to the collection, creation, and maintenance of master product data through Motion’s PIM supporting the Item Database team. You will drive data integrity through data governance, change management, data ownership, and quality assurance. Must be able to work in a team environment. Works under general direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Creates, reviews, and approves product master change requests to ensure accuracy of data attributes
- Manages data requests in support of business processes, new product sales initiatives, and M&A (Mergers & Acquisition)
- Drives excellence and ensures continuous improvement in quality of data through cleansing and best practices for data construction
- Reports KPIs related to material master data management and drives a system of actions to complete requests in accordance with SLA’s (service level agreements)
- Provides input into the development of PIM data collection templates
- Works collaboratively as a data steward within teams to ensure clear understanding of business requirements that are managed in concert with PIM data
- Identifies opportunities to gain efficiencies, automate, and improve data quality
- Partners with cross functional stakeholders to support business needs
- Follows all SOX / Audit compliance requirements
- Understand data governance and control distribution of data points
- Actively engages in continuous process improvement
- Knowledgeable and compliant of company policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a 4-year degree in business, operations, marketing, supply chain.
- 1-2 years’ experience in working in an MDM (ie. StiboSystems, Informatica, Salsify, etc)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- BI experience preferred, (ie Tableau, Qlik, etc)
- Knowledge of workflow management techniques such as Lean Six Sigma, Kanban, etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong computing skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas across the team and to other key stakeholders
- Positive attitude
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.