Axis New England, a division of Motion Industries, is a successful Automation Technology Center servicing the New England and Upstate New York markets. Our teams of automation experts assist manufacturers with their automation challenges, employing technologies such as servo systems, robotic arms, machine vision systems and other industrial automation. We provide solutions ranging from component level OEM products, automation sub-assemblies, through turnkey motion system. We are living in the age of automation – there has never been a more exciting time to be involved in this fast-paced growing industry!
A successful Automation Engineer will:
- Demonstrate expertise in automation technology in discussions with customers, leverage training on a wide variety of products including motion control systems, robots, vision systems and more
- Work with customers to guide them through the automation technology selection process, helping to choose products that fit their application needs
- Travel with Outside Sales team on sales calls for new applications, providing technical expertise to help win business
- Prepare quotations to support Outside Sales, with either direct or indirect customer interaction
- Qualify all leads by discussing individual automation needs with clients by phone and email. Record and follow up on sales interactions with customers
- Create proof-of-concept demonstrations of Axis New England’s solution to customer’s application challenge
Job Skills and Requirements
- Technical understanding of mechanics, electronics, robotics and controls for products that Axis New England represents
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Solid multi-tasking skills, as it is common to be managing many different opportunities applications at one time
- Must able to adapt in a fast-paced business environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.