IT Senior Developer, Enterprise Dashboard
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
Position Mission: Responsible for the development of an Enterprise Dashboard that reports real time availability and health metrics for all applications and infrastructure that supports our NAPA brand automotive aftermarket business. This role will work closely with senior leaders and key stakeholders to develop a real-time single pane of glass dashboard that aggregates, de-duplicates, and correlates all monitoring data for consumption by the GPC IT operations teams and senior leadership. This role will continue to enhance and maintain the product with bug fixes, product report generation, and enhancement requests. The multiyear product roadmap for this dashboard will also include partnering with the Business Intelligence team to add predictive analytics to all monitoring. The position provides technical project support during scoping, design, testing, and implementation and will be responsible for second level troubleshooting, assessments, prioritization, and resolution of production issues after implementation. The enterprise monitoring team is expected to grow over the next few years, and this position is expected to grow into a lead role.
- Ensure technical architecture aligns with the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participate in the design and planning of projects in conjunction with the external partners, and business users.
- Design, develop, and unit test solutions.
- Document user interface design.
- Monitor, support, and maintain applications developed.
- Provide development guidance to other development personnel for standards compliance and for performance and efficiency through code reviews and design sessions.
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support.
- Deliver end-to-end high-quality solutions.
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
- Minimum of seven (or state 7-10 years’) years’ experience in enterprise application software development with strong .NET 4.5 back-end development experience
- Experience with frontend web development
- Familiarity with some industry standard Monitoring and Security tools.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- C# for .NET Framework 4.5
- SQL, MySQL
- Entity Framework
- Jira, Gitlab
- Visual Studio 2012 and above
- Experience or familiarity with the following technologies is recommended;
- ASP.NET Web API 2.0
- MS SQL Server
- Responding to a demanding customer base with quick turnaround of bugs fixes and the development of new features
- Experience working teams at an enterprise scale
- Strong background in full lifecycle development.
- Ability to interact with Management and Software Developers.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies
- Capable of working independently and in a team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.