Short Term Disability Supervisor – Leave Management
Summary of Job Description
The Short Term Disability Supervisor - Leave Management is responsible for managing the leave and absence administration processes for all Genuine Parts Company employees from leave initiation through closure, including all appropriate communications and transactional updates related to the employee’s HR record. This role will ensure consistent, high-quality care, and service are provided by their team of Leave Management Specialists in a high-volume service center environment. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing or running a leave management function or been a part of the transition from a decentralized to a centralized model.
Oversee administration for functional areas, including:
- Employee Leave Requests and Claim Adjudication
- Employee Records Maintenance for accurate HR, Payroll and Benefits processing
- Regulatory Reporting and Compliance
- Manage Return to Work process, considering physician information, departmental restrictions and physical job requirements
- Paid and Unpaid Time-Off Administration
- Leave Administration – FMLA, STD, LTD, Bereavement, etc.
- Leave Policy Interpretation & Guidance
Overall responsibility for all aspects of the Leave Management team includes:
- Maintain and develop staff through managing time and attendance, training and coaching individuals, and discipline
- Manage team workload and conduct regular checks to ensure the quality of service delivered promptly.
- Conduct weekly claim audits ensuring alignment with FML, STD, and Statutory claims process and procedures
- Serves as a point of contact for escalated issues
- Manage individual performance through goal planning, providing regular feedback, providing growth opportunities, and facilitating performance conversations
- Fosters a team environment to drive ownership of work and encourages team involvement and support around process improvement ideas
- Coordinates team projects and drives for results through task delegation and follow up
- Manages and monitors systems and data integrity
- As a member of the Service Center Management Team interprets the overall strategic vision and communicates the overall message to team.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing FMLA/STD claims
- Three (3) plus years’ experience leading teams
- Knowledge of Leave of Absence regulations and legislation, including FMLA
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build effective relationships at all levels of an organization
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.). Kronos Absence Management (or an alternative absence management technology) experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Experience with HR administration and general exposure/knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player with a positive attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.