Empire – Grand Rapids, MI
Automation Specialist to provide engineering & technical support to Empire's sales staff and customers. Responsibilities include technical support for Automation Related Product Lines. Engineering work includes customer support for design, build, and programming of PLC, HMI, VFD, & Motion Control products along with startup assistance of supported product lines. This also may include designing complete or value add systems using product lines we sell for specific customer needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but are not limited to the following):
- Technical Support of Inside Sales Team
- Technical Support of Outside Sales & Product Specialists, possibly including customer visits and demonstrations
- Be organized, professional in busy Office environment, ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Some in-state travel may be required, primarily in Eastern Michigan to Lansing area. Occasional travel for training purposes may be required.
- Maintain current knowledge of new and existing products, applications, and standards.
- Technical support of automation related products and systems sold by the company.
- Meeting vendor product and application knowledge requirements through successful completion of factory training, experience gained in the field and online.
- Work with vendors, purchasing, customers and sales force to specify, design and build value added solutions for customer applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4-year engineering electrical / engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- General understanding of Machine build process
- 5+ years of experience working with Siemens Automation Products preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience as a controls engineer; creating controls drawings, completing field installations, on-site troubleshooting and panel design expected
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and the web required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.