Account Representative (Outside Sales) - Industrial Distributor
Motion Industries is seeking an Account Representative (Outside Sales) for our New Bedford, MA location. This is an opportunity for an experienced outside sales candidate to join a great team and a very successful company. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Ensure customer relationships are positive and deep within all accounts
- Create materials for and conduct sales presentations to customers
- Prospect for new customers
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to be on-call nights or weekends, depending on need
- Generate new business with new or existing customers
- Ensure technical requirements for the customer are met
- Assist with on-site troubleshooting of customers' concerns
- Routinely interacts face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and maintain satisfaction may handle customer returns
- Work with local customers to identify, quote, engineer, and close product and solution sales
- Provide technical support as required ?
- Work with Branch Manager to provide business planning to reach product and sales goals
- Work with and coordinate vendor resources to build relationships and support sales
- Personally accountable for time allocation and priorities to reach goals and applying efforts to high ROI opportunities
- Maintain appropriate relationship with key suppliers
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Industry and sales experience
- Moderate computer skills, including communicating internally and externally via email
- Work experience in Microsoft Office proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Knowledge of supply chain systems
- Knowledge of industrial products: power transmission, hydraulic, pneumatic and mill supply
- High School Diploma or GED
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.