- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Associate Human Resources Manager (AHRM)
NAPA is a parts store and so much more. NAPA is part of the largest international automotive parts distribution network that is built and maintained by a close-knit team of motivated individuals from diverse backgrounds, a unified commitment to integrity and ingenuity, and deep-rooted community relationships. We are seeking a Human Resources professional to join our team as a participant in the Associate Human Resource Manager Trainee (AHRM) program. If you bring a passion for growth, excellence, and service, you may be a good fit. NAPA’s AHRM program offers 12-months of hands-on experience across all areas of NAPA Human Resources while also gaining experience in the retail and distribution operations.
This opportunity is a great way to accelerate your HR career while learning NAPA’s business. After the program, graduates typically move into a Human Resources Generalist position.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required
- 1-2 years professional experience with preference in payroll, recruiting, or other HR functions
- Must be able to relocate upon completion of program
- Some knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Tech-savvy with experience using Microsoft Office and proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn, HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft, Jobvite, and/or Kronos Timekeeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification preferred
Mindset for Success
- Passionate and excited about building and sustaining relationships
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Self-starter with a results-driven mindset
- Passionate about attracting and retaining talent
- Act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
AHRMs participate in monthly, instructor-led virtual training and lead projects with support from our field and headquarters leaders. The AHRMs self-manage the program by following a comprehensive list of business processes, experiences, and online training that is completed over the course of the 12-month program. Each AHRM is assigned a Coach who partners with the AHRMs to ensure the AHRM experiences all critical aspects of the business.
Outstanding Benefits and Culture
- Health benefits and 401K
- Employee discounts
- Paid time off
- Stable, Fortune 200 company with a family feel
- Company culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths and ongoing development with support from leaders and your team
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.