- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Controls Engineer Mgr.
Control Engineering Manager is responsible for developing customized turnkey PLC, robotic, and material handing systems for a wide range of industries integrating 3D & 2D machine vision solution and auxiliary devices leading a team of control, robotics, and electrical design automation professionals.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- BS/MS in Electrical, Mechanical (Controls/Robotics Emphasis), or Mechatronic Engineering or comparable engineering degree.
- Machine control knowledge depth and understanding of technology segments executed during machine design, debug, and deployment.
- Knowledge of:
- Robotic Transforms and coordinate space with multi-axis robotic programming experience on multiple platforms.
- Servo and Motor Control closed control and communication with multi-axis programming experience on multiple platforms.
- Proper Implementation of Safety systems per NFPA
- Strong customer commercial and supplier relationships understanding and related communication effectiveness.
- Broad understanding and execution of all aspects of control engineering and architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple cross functional automation & software platforms (Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, Omron, and/or others).
- PLC and auxiliary devices in ladder format and script
- Commercially savvy in diverse settings and industrial depth of knowledge that is leveraged and monetized by larger organizations.
- Experience in automation controls and industrial manufacturing process and systems.
- Lead, guide, train, mentor, and grow control team members into a best in industry machine building design organization.
- Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, and other PLC Programming Platforms (Ladder and Script)
- Industrial automation knowledge including PLC, Servo Drives, VFDs, Sensors, Material Handling Systems, Robotics, Lasers, Auxiliary sensors, hardware, and software.
- Ability to read and update electrical schematics using SolidWorks Electrical and/or electrical CAD packages.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with Integro management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality.
- Prepare and submit reports as required to keep management updated on project status.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in Office 365
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Reporting and Supervision
- Control Engineer Manager reports directly to Automation Operation Manager
- The ability to work with co-workers, customers, and suppliers in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems.
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action given the situation. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to follow directions and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Maintain professional appearance/demeanor and a positive attitude under stress.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- 20% Domestic and International Travel
- May require standing on concrete shop or facility floor
Licenses & Certifications:
- Professional Certifications a Plus
- A3 Certified Vision Professional (CVP)
- A3 Certified Motion Control Professional (MCP)
- A3 Certified Robotics Integration Professional (RIA)
- Professional Management Professional (PMP)
- Control System Integrator Certification Association (CSIA)
- Professional Engineering License
- Yes, for the controls department.
- Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage,
- 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.