Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
The Second shift Forklift Operator position is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
Second Shift schedule is currently set for Tuesday-Friday 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM & Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Unload/ Load inbound shipments safely and move product to dispersing trailers.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances
- Loading: Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Equipment: Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamptruck, or other power equipment. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Inventory: Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security is maintained. Assist in physical inventories.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Maintenance: Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience as a forklift operator.
- Experience with standup forklift with suicide knobs are a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.