Automotive Parts Specialist
We are so much more than a Parts Store and we are looking for even more great talent to join our NAPA family! As a NAPA Automotive Parts Specialist, you are looked at as the “face of the retail store” and the go to person as soon as our customers enter our retail stores for all of their automotive needs. You don’t have to be able to tear a motor down and rebuild it (however, if you can, that’s awesome) – but we do need you to have a background and knowledge of automotive parts. A NAPA Automotive Parts Specialist is a great opportunity whether you are looking to spend your career with us as a Parts Specialist, want to work full/part-time or you just want to get your foot in the door with us to explore other careers at some point – We welcome you!
What you will be doing:
Acts as primary point of contact for the IBS customer and ensures proper service by determining customer need, accessing POS system to assist in securing necessary parts/services, maintaining personal and site image, and ensuring customer receives a good experience. Sources and secures non-stocked items in a timely and effective manner.
Position Performance Measures:
- Customer Service
- Source non-stock inventory in a prescribed timeline
- Effectively maintain special order information in the STARS system
- Greets customer/technician, demonstrates product knowledge, and quickly understands customer/technicians
- Maintains customer satisfaction by serving customer, securing right part, and resolving issues.
- Understands customer/technicians specific needs and
- Maintains inventory and ensures parts stocked in correct
- Maintains POS computer abilities by learning and applying how to use catalog and system, practicing asset security/loss prevention controls, and understanding customers pricing matrix.
- Sources all parts needs for customers by utilizing various approved IBS
- Uses non-company approved line codes
- Understands and maintains the TAMS buy-out PO
- Maintains all special order information in the STARS
- Understands, and has the ability to input information in, the customers fleet management software
- Communicates to customer the status of all pending
- Understands our service level agreements with our IBS
- Participates in training as needed and
- Performs all other associated tasks as assigned by
- Follows all IBS policies and
- Completes all available IBS operations training provided by NAPA
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- ASE Certification within 12 months.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some Technical School a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Capable of operating third party fleet or purchasing system.
- Understanding of Purchase Order/Billing system.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced setting and possess an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Visually capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers and remembering their sequencing.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fleet shop environment, employee could be exposed to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee is often required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and move product of up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be capable of moving engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Genuinely enjoy helping our retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts and service questions
- Have gained your parts experience by working the automotive industry or have gained your experience tinkering with/repairing cars & trucks through the year
- You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don’t have the background in automotive parts.
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career – the opportunities are endless!
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 18 years of age and a Valid Driver’s License
- Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry or at least a willingness to learn all things auto parts.
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical or Trade school courses or degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Love fast paced retail environments
- Great listening skills and empathy for customers
And if you have this, even better (not a deal breaker if you don’t):
- Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
- Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision
- Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
- Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
- ASE Certifications
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
Day in the Life:
If this job sounds like a fit, please check out our NAPA Store employees Day in the Life NAPA Stores. We want you to have all the information that you need to make sure that this is a fit for you! Our hopes are that the stories/videos either excite you to apply or maybe not so much – Either way we appreciate you stopping by today!
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you! We will reach out to you if we find that you are fit for us. If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting NAPAautojobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.