FP&A Analyst – US Distribution
Motion Industries, the largest industrial distribution company in North America, is currently in search of an FP&A Analyst to join our FP&A team. This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Birmingham, AL and will report to the Director of FP&A – US Distribution.
The FP&A Analyst – US Distribution’s principal responsibilities are to support Motion Industries’ Finance and FP&A Leadership by contributing to world class financial analyses and providing thought-provoking, value-adding insight into the US Group’s financial performance. The FP&A Analyst will assist with the identification of operational improvement opportunities and drive decision-making by collecting, managing, analyzing, and disseminating financial information and analyses.
- Analyze profit & loss statements, explaining variances in performance and monitoring actions to ensure delivery of financial commitments
- Perform trend and sensitivity analysis to evaluate key challenges and opportunities
- Prepare and participate in financial and operational discussions with business leaders
- Serves as a business partner with various leaders to drive additional profitability through analysis and reporting
- Customer and product profitability analysis
- Design and implement financial models and key performance indicator reports to drive value in the business
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting and modeling tools
- Assist in the creation of executive presentations
- Assist Director of FP&A – US Distribution with ad hoc projects as assigned by the VP Finance FP&A
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Business Analysis/Planning
- Experienced with data modeling, analysis and data visualization tools
- Advanced experience in PowerPoint and Excel to include pivot tables and complex formulas
- Experience with excel VBA and coding languages such as Oracle or SQL is preferred
- Must possess proven ability at problem solving
- Must possess the ability to identify and communicate solutions to complex business opportunities in a time-critical environment
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.