IT Enterprise Security Intern, Retail Security
Ready for a challenging and rewarding internship? This is your opportunity to work hands on with the leading automotive parts company and unleash your technology skills to move our business forward!
The Enterprise Security team at GPC is offering a Retail Cybersecurity Internship for talented, curious and enthusiast undergraduate level student. As part of the group, you will be be involved with cybersecurity initiatives across the GPC Enterprise.
Assisting with cybersecurity operations regarding incident handling, incident documentation, and reporting specific to the Retail industry. Expose the student to the environment and expectations of performance on the part of a Enterprise Management team in a complex and matrixed environment. Finally, expose the student(s) to professional role models or mentors who will provide an example of the behaviors expected in the workplace.
- Assist in gathering asset information from Global Information Security Leads on retail.
- Assisting in creation of Security Dashboard and Metrics analysis.
- Assist in documenting Retail cyber threats
- Creating cyber security communications around current threats and issues
- Provide support for security incidents throughout the incident lifecycle as needed and make recommendations to ensure enterprise infrastructure is protected.
- Currently pursuing a undergraduate level degree in Information Security of Cybersecurity, with a min 2.75 GPA
- Experience using programming language; SQL experience is preferred
- Results-oriented, forward-thinking, confident graduate student
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong research, analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn new concepts, methodologies, and tools
- Be goal oriented, committed and persistent to carry out assigned duties
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Demonstrates professional business etiquette
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.