- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Strategic Purchasing Agent
The Strategic Purchasing Agent works under broad supervision and is responsible for analyzing and maintaining the planned vendor order process, monitoring inventory requirements, and determining new stock additions for Motion Industries Corporate Purchasing with the goal of having the right inventory in the right location in the right amount to create accessibility and profitability for the organization. This position works as an individual contributor in a collaborative team environment. The Strategic Purchasing Agent works closely with other cross-functional teams. This position is data driven, but must also has excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Creates forecasts and analytical reports.
• Uses critical thinking and strong analyzation skills to determine inventory needs.
• Monitors and controls replenishment process from acquisition to distribution.
• Utilizes company BI tools to demonstrate dashboard measurements on inventory effectiveness.
• Works within company framework to achieve monthly planned inventory orders.
• Demonstrates creative problem solving and a continuous improvement mindset and actively participates in the process.
• Collaborates effectively in a team environment, but has high individual motivation.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business, statistics, or analytics and (3) three to (5) five years of related work experience or the equivalent combination.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to see a project through from conception to delivery.
• Advanced Excel skill required; knowledgeable of Access and SQL preferred.
• Strong analytical problem solving skills.
• PowerPoint design knowledge.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.