Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Director of Technology Operations to build the future technology at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a leadership role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in defining the technology direction and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack with a demonstrated focus on customer experience.
Close collaboration and alignment with a wide variety of both internal stakeholders and external vendors will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop talent will be critical.
- Accountable for developing and supervising the monitoring of systems, infrastructure, process, analysis, and technical support.
- Develop centralized, enterprise monitoring solutions to proactively monitor infrastructure, networking and applications in order to capture, triage, and escalate Incidents.
- Accountable for GPC’s Incident Response procedures and process.
- Drive the Incident Response team and process to minimize the MTTR for all critical and high incident.
- Optimize Technology Operations for maximum efficiency and stability. Including improving operating metrics, staffing levels, utilization rates, and performance efficiencies.
- Accountable to build and execute a plan to deliver ITIL/ITSM across the organization.
- Define, document, enforce, and support ITSM policies, processes, and procedures including recommendations for improvements
- Develop strategies and plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to meet the needs of the changing organization.
- Establish and build successful relationships with key clients and partners across all locations.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Minimum 10 years of operations leadership in a high volume, complex environment.
- 5+ years’ experience and subject-matter expertise with enterprise systems monitoring tools.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-level monitoring and troubleshooting software.
- Successful track record of proactively monitoring applications and networks in order to identify issues before they are experienced by end-users.
- Five years managing multiple vendors in an outsourced environment.
- Extensive experience setting up, deploying, and managing ITIL/ITSM. Certifications in ITIL, CMMI, COBiT, etc. are a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of leading change and operational excellence.
- Excellent leadership, communication, strategic, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear and concise presentations to all levels of the organization, partners and clients.
- Leadership and operational experience in high-availability POS, e-commerce and distribution systems in wholesale and retail environments.
- Ability to successfully lead an in/outsourced virtual team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or equivalent enterprise level experience.
- Demonstrated industry thought leadership is a plus (publications, speaking engagements, etc.).
- Ability to relate technical architectures to application and information systems architectures, security architecture and IT governance architectures.
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity and provide structure to complex problems
- Strong ability to advise, coach and teach with respect to leading best practices and improvement initiatives.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.