Director of Strategic Planning & Corporate Development
The Director of Strategy & Corporate Development leads Motion Industries’ strategic corporate development activities, supporting definition and alignment of strategy and strategic planning at a corporate level and across operating Groups and executing the finance role of mergers and acquisitions. This role engages with the senior leadership team, primarily the SVP of Strategy & Finance/CFO, to develop and communicate Motion’s long-term strategy and planning functions, assists management with definition of growth and profitability objectives and drives coordination across corporate departments to provide the senior leadership team with the analytics and monitoring needed to establish and execute strategy. The Director also facilitates Motion’s mergers and acquisition process through financial modeling, strategic alignment review, due diligence efforts and performance monitoring.
The Director reports to the Vice President of Finance-IPG and is accountable to the CFO as sponsor of Motion’s strategic planning and corporate development efforts. The role is responsible for the overall development and supervision of long-range strategy and planning functions and assists management with definition of growth and profitability objectives and the development of plans for their achievement.
The role monitors the organization's performance against plans and prepares financial studies and market analyses to assist management in the formulation of the company’s strategic plans. The role facilitates converting strategic objectives into an actionable strategic plan and monitors strategic corporate initiatives that support the plan.
- Supports the SVP in the development of the corporate strategic plan and other planning documents and supports and accumulates the strategic planning process of the Company’s operating groups.
- Designs and facilitates processes and metrics to advance strategy within the organization.
- Develops and implements standardized strategic planning tools to foster consistency over time and across groups.
- Manages the development of competitor analyses, planning and other research as needed.
- Performs complex and advanced business unit level analytics and summarizes key findings for senior leadership.
- Conducts the financial assessment and recommendation of potential mergers, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Drives acquisition integration planning and project management as a corporate development function to achieve strategic acquisition objectives.
- Develops, maintains, and distributes strategy related reports and financial models as well as in-depth strategic analyses.
- Analyzes present and future performance in relation to internal targets, competitor results and industry trends.
- Manages timelines and projects, builds and manages relationships, and collaborates with company leaders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and communicate overarching organizational mission, objectives, operational functions and supporting business processes.
- Skill in strategic planning, organization, resource (including time) management, project management and implementation.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to work effectively with a large and diverse management and workforce.
- Skill in planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Strong technical and analytical skills in finance, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Skill in handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple responsibilities and projects concurrently.
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger or similar ERP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint as well as data analytics tools, such as Qlik.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA highly preferred.
- Seven or more years of corporate development or managerial finance required.
- Three or more years’ experience managing people.
- Experience with ERP operating systems and financial systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.