- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Senior Architect, B2B
This role provides a unique opportunity for a senior technical leader to Strategize, Architect, Govern and Lead Genuine Parts Company as ERP Enterprise Architect. The focus of the enterprise architect's role is to ensure that business strategy and any relevant trends are understood, rationalized, and expressed in the processes and systems of an enterprise. This leadership role is also focused on facilitating the conversion of strategies into actions by leveraging the appropriate tools and techniques of the enterprise architect. A primary goal of this role is to facilitate change in a manner that maximizes value and minimizes change "pain." In implementing global ERP solution.
Technical Responsibilities include:
- Participating in all phases of the ERP project life cycle to achieve a successful project delivery.
- Lead architecturally nonfunctional areas of the project data migration, security strategies etc.
- Input into the introduction of 3rd party solutions – where they compatible with GPC strategy and is commercially and contractually safe.
- Be a problem solver for the project team and advise and escalate project risk.
- Steer and advise consultants on complex developments.
- Build trust relationships with business users allowing open and direct consultation regarding the client’s business processes
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business and project teams.
- Leading the effort to develop, maintain and govern the architecture across the enterprise
- Defining the EA process and architecture review process, as well as for leading the integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes
- Understanding, advocating, and supporting the enterprise's business and IT strategies — participating in the strategy creation for a growing minority of cases
- Leading the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements
- Analyzing the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Analyzing industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise's strategy and architecture requirements
- Promoting the EA process, outcomes and results to the organization, including to the enterprise's IT and business leaders
- Leading and facilitating the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
- Ensuring that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities (such as handling waivers) are associated with EA compliance
- Overseeing EA implementation and ongoing refinement activities
- Overseeing the effective communication of all EA artifacts
- The successful candidate must have extensive experience in following areas: -
- Detailed configuration and testing of Dynamics AX / D365 software.
- Proven track record of multiple successful projects over several years
- Software or business consulting to external clients
- Expert product knowledge in all modules of D365 F&O is a must
- Solid understanding of the following concepts:
- Relational databases and database design and modeling
- Systems integrations, web services, APIs
- Data integrations, including base understanding of available data integration tools
- Business process engineering/optimization and modeling
- Data migrations, data mapping, and data transformation
- Alert and notification messaging, including base understanding of available communication tools
- Requirements traceability: from capability need through delivery and support
- Value of complete, accurate, and continuously maintained specifications
- Very strong understanding of change management concepts, scope management, and requirements management
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills. Comfortable leading discussions and giving presentations to all levels of client personnel, from end users up to C-level
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- High self-motivation, resourcefulness, personal accountability, and a strong desire to see the team succeed
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and contextualization skills (e.g., ability to "connect the dots")
- A strong background and experience implementing ERP systems
- Strong Retail experience on both B2B and B2C
- Bring in experience of Omni channel customer with a view and experience of multiple store and online channels
- Experience in driving and delivering large implementation and transformational programs
- Experience with the transitioning and re-architecting of large code base / off the shelf products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all components of a holistic EA
- The ability to translate business needs into EA requirements
- The ability to estimate and articulate the impact of EA alternatives — both financial and nonfinancial
- The ability to identify potentially relevant trends and emerging technologies, forecast their impact and utility, and act accordingly
- BS or engineering in a related field or significant relevant work experience
- 5 to 7 years of Microsoft ERP experience
- Subject-matter expertise in the areas of solution & technology research, cost analysis, risk identification, implementation strategies
- Expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, diagramming & documentation, software/technology evaluation and selection
- Experience collaborating with departmental leadership in order to establish, communicate and maintain technology standards.
- Strong technical understanding including past development experience of N-Tier applications and service-oriented architecture including: databases (OLAP, OLTP) and middle-ware (Java APIs, Java Web Services)
- Successful track record of managing both onshore and offshore vendor relationships to ensure that SLAs are met
- Excellent communication skills, including meeting facilitation and team leadership
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.