- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Senior Architect - Customer
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Solution Architect of a newly formed team of Engineers to build the Customer domain for the next generation commerce platforms at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Lead the development and build out of the Customer domain and Customer enabled systems
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Lead design and architecture discussions for customer platforms engaging with other architects, engineering teams across different business units
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures
- Provide program management leadership to Customer platform initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of initiatives
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields
- Previous experience in building Customer domain and Customer enabled systems will be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Experience in enterprise level software development experience (non-academic) with demonstrable experience in Java, REST, SOAP, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, NoSQL, and Security with oAuth.
- Experience in setting up environments in Public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.