Retail Store Project Coordinator
*Please note – This role is a true “on the road” role with constant travel – You will cover the entire East Coast and may travel across multiple states in just a few days. An Automotive background is not required, but we would love to have someone who comes from retail, grocery/home improvement/big-box type stores. You must have store set-up/reset experience.
Would you like to manage multiple projects and be part of a dynamic team that supports retail stores? Can you do store resets in your sleep? Are you a “road-warrior” that enjoys constant traveling (rarely home) and thrive in a super-fast-paced working environment moving state to state doing multiple store resets? If this sounds like you, we are looking for a high energy Retail Store Project Coordinator that is a machine when it comes to managing store resets! We are looking for our next Retail Store Project Coordinator to join the NAPA Retail project team.
The primary role of a Coordinator is to oversee and manage the daily activities of a reset project and multiple team members to ensure that the proper steps are being followed. Some of your responsibilities would consist of installing or removing fixtures from the sales area, placing product on the shelving for display and maintaining a clean working environment. The right candidate must have the ability to work with crews during reset/remodel, meeting time expectations while maintaining work quality and safety.
This super talent would need to focus on quality, tight time constraints, and delivering on time projects. This great opportunity would allow you to manage multiple projects throughout the US at various stages of completion all while having the support of a highly knowledgeable Retail Impact Store Project Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with Project Manager to staff, train, and schedule as needed for all projects
- Verify store plans with site conditions to ensure completed project will meet the specifications
- Accept and stage all materials delivered from various vendors
- Coordinate all installations to include shelving, interior graphics, POS, and promotions.
- Set all merchandise and price labels to current planogram book specifications
- Maintain general cleanliness standards, both inside and outside of the store, ensuring fixtures are clean and in good repair, floor is clean and free of clutter, windows are clean and free of unnecessary slickers or signage and parking lot is free of rubbish
- Manage safety for all on-site workers during the setup phase. Ensure workers are properly trained on safe work habits such as lifting techniques, ladder safety, and extension cord use
- Coordinate with stockroom for merchandise, excess inventory returns (EIR), and class returns to the distribution centers
- Provide timely updates to Impact Store Project Manager and ensure final walk-through is completed.
- What you’ll need:
- At least 1 year of previous retail experience with store setup, planograms, store fixtures, store changeovers or construction projects
- Retail / people management experience
- Above average time management and high sense of urgency
- Self-motivation and the ability to thrive in independent and group settings
- Ability to influence at all levels and lead a team
- Organization skills and keen eye for detail
- Outgoing personality with a positive approach to affect change
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with persuasive abilities
- Understand trade-offs and be prepared to justify all decision making
- Love of travel – Local and regional 100% of the time.
- Reliable transportation to travel to nearby stores or airports
- Must have the ability to push, pull, and lift material up to 50 pounds for long periods of time
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma
- Understanding that this is a hourly/40 hour per week role - No overtime
And if you have this, even better:
- Retail or construction project management experience
- Courses or degree in Business or related field
- Background and/or passion for the automotive industry * not required, but great to have.
- NAPA Know How
Why NAPA may be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- A stable Fortune 200 company with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.