- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The Design Engineer provides CAD designs, technical specifications, product selection/configuration, and production support for value added business in alignment with customer specifications and strategic plan.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Creates/modifies CAD drawings (including detailing upon receipt of the order) according to client requests and design specifications.
• Collaborates with sales staff for final quote preparation and delivery to client.
• Provides field support as needed.
• Develops system concepts (mechanical, electrical, tooling and fixturing).
• Schedules production of jobs in collaboration with the other deparment staff to meet deadlines.
• Develops the Bill of Materials including product pricing, labor estimates and estimated delivery date.
• Collaborates with Purchasing to ensure adequate supplies of inventory and components.
• Ensures that design and related documentation are updated to reflect any changes, or improvements discovered during the production efforts.
• Assists with process documentation and support manufacturing operations.
• Develops and implements design standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field and one (1) to three (3) years of experience in electrical or mechanical engineering or related technical field. Experience in an engineering environment (automation preferred). Experience in design, detailing, 3D CAD, and machine design is preferred.
• Highly effective communication skills verbal and written
• Listen and capture the essence of what is being said
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.