- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The HQ, Accountant is responsible for adhering to accounting principles, procedures, and company policies for the efficient processing of the accounting function. The HQ, Accountant is charged with preparing journal entries, processing invoices, and various accounting areas impacting the financial statements.
- Ensure general ledger accounts are maintained in accordance with GAAP and SOX guidelines and data reflects principles within Company compliance guidelines.
- Performs accounts payable invoice coding. Identifies and investigates unusual or unexpected account variances.
- Prepares journal entries to properly record or correct accounting data.
- Reviews and performs journal entry billing to intra-company locations.
- Makes adjustments to journal entries, reconciles account balances, prepares variance analysis, and ensures the GL and financial statements are accurate.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing monthly budget reports and distributing to management.
- Identify and evaluate trends. Investigate and resolve issues for unusual or unexpected account variances.
- Review and interpret supporting documents/statements to ensure the status is accurately reflected in the system. Ensure corrections occur for the GL reconciliations.
- Complete daily, monthly, and month-end statements and reports, analyze against historical data to identify variances, investigate anomalies to ensure accuracy in data.
- Conduct accounting research as needed by performing ad hoc reporting and contributing on projects.
- Performs bank reconciliations by ensuring proper deposits, credit card payments, and funds have posted to appropriate accounts.
- Assists HQ personnel and management with accounting analysis. Answers questions and performs research as needed.
- Partners with other groups, departments and field personnel to assist with various accounting items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 2 or more years of experience in month end closing procedures and GL reconciliation and analysis.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, and Excel.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Solid financial acumen, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and effective team player.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.