Application Administrator - WordPress
Systems AdministratorWe are looking to hire a Application Administrator - WordPress to support and manage Motion Industries’ WordPress application and infrastructure.
- Manage and support Motion Industries WordPress infrastructure.
WordPress Sizing, Scalability, etc
- Apply WordPress updates, themes, and security patches, etc.
- Manage WordPress plugins
- Establish and administer security roles
- Manage site and theme implementation in conjunction with third party developer.
- Assist in managing landing pages & microsites
- Integrate microsites with Motion Industries’ existing webpage and integration with WordPress
- Improve SEO rankings for target keywords by strategically positioning and programming links and content.
- Perform ongoing keyword expansion and optimization by aligning websites with the latest SEO algorithms, monitoring web and SEO analytics and implementing recommendations, and researching advertising links for similar organizations in the industry.
- Assist in posting web documents and media content as needed.
- Advise on new technologies and methodologies.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications
- Responsible for informing manager when tasks fall behind schedule
- Ensure the availability and configuration of supported systems meets the desired SLA’s.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine and implement solutions most beneficial to the company.
- Use standard coding techniques to ensure application performance meets requirements
- Encouraged to suggest performance improvement changes
- Will be involved in project meetings with user representatives
- Not Applicable
- Encouraged to work with more experience developers and managers to gain a better understanding of company business strategies
- Required to work as part of a team for most projects
- Responsible for ensuring a good understanding of deliverables (get confirmation from manager)
- Responsible for following Motion Industries safety guidelines
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 Years’ experience working with WordPress
- Experience with WordPress, databases, patch management, and networks
- WordPress administration and support in an Open Shift / Container based application environment a plus!
- Must participate in GPC “safe” program
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.